Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bensoni Spring 2011 Highlights & Review

Collection breakdown and review below images!


Bensoni Spring 2011 highlights:


The Breakdown

Colors: neutrals w/ bright pops of color, Orange, Yellow, Green, white, black, and tan shades. Neutral prints.

Fabrics/Texture: Chiffon (blouses and skirts), Silk, Satin, Cotton, Cotton Jersey, Soft flowing fabrics with some jacket fabrics.

Details: Prints, Stripes, Neutral prints with bright colors. Open toe sandals with strap detail. Also there where a few punk rock looking necklaces. 1970's meets modern collection.

Model Look: This show featured models of all different ethnicity's and complexions. The makeup and hair was very uniform. It was almost like a uniform from twenty years into the future.

Review:

Bensoni's spring 2011 collection started off lacking much significance. It looked like simple clothing done with neutral prints. As the collection got about halfway through I noticed a progression. The show started with Neutrals, moved into neutrals with bright colors, and finished with fun and funky bright outfits. The progression seemed natural but I didn't like where the collection started and it was interesting where it ended up. I cannot decide if interesting is a good thing. I cannot decide if I like this collection or hate it. It possibly is a bit of both. I like some of the color palette and I adore the silhouettes but this collection left me a little puzzled. I didn't get a good feeling of what this collection is really about.

2 comments:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i think the second bensoni dress is gorgeous.

http://ohtobeamuse.com

Raymond Coons said...

I agree I think it is super chic! :) Thanks for the comment!

-Fabfashionisto

Post a Comment