Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fashion is to me...


I just wanted to start off my new blog by introducing myself and giving you all a little bit of an idea of what fashion means to me and who I am as a Designer.

Fashion is my life, the thread weaving in and out of fabric is my inhale and exhale of breath to my lungs. The pulse of the sewing machine as it swiftly bounds fabrics together is my heartbeat. The brightly colored, unique, and textured bolts of fabric are my spirit. The colorful, strong, and bold spools of thread are my personality. All of these pieces together create one garment. That magnificent finished piece represents everything I am as a designer.

As a designer I let my heart, and intuition do the decision-making. I come up with a concept or idea and I allow my creativity to take control. I try to picture things with different colors, patterns, and textures. I love working with different and innovative materials. I have always loved creating and fashion design has helped me channel my creativity in ways I never imagined possible.

Looking back over the past year I have noticed how much I have grown as a designer. I have developed my own unique personal style when I design, but there is always room to grow. Once you stop growing then you cannot call yourself a designer. I will continue to grow, and also develop and refine my skills. Designing is my life, expression is my life, and creativity is my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment